Saturday 26 January 2008

Shoes & Eyes

In Copenhagen last weekend Kathleen & I went shopping. Many pairs of shoes were tried on, but we exercised great restrain and did not buy anything we didn’t badly need.
My shopping list:
1 pair of black silk leggings
3 tank tops
1 black velour shirt
1 black skirt by semi-Greenlandic designer Naja Lauf whose clothes I adore.


And then I more or less went shopping for new eyes as I’ve arranged to get a laser operation this spring that hopefully will allow me to loose my contacts and my glasses and be able to see the world from the moment I open my eyes in the morning. I’m very excited. The doctor examined my eyes and dripped in a local anaesthesia that made my pupils expand. This actually did not help my vision, but that was just a temporarily setback.

3 comments:

James Lindsay said...

Everyone I talk to about laser eye surgurey says it's wonderfull to be able to see without glasses or contacts. I may look into it myself. Fenchurch has been wondering what to spend the money we're saving quitting smoking (almost a month now!) on.

James Lindsay said...

PS: I almost froze my eyeballs just going out to start the truck this morning.

Christine Stampe Frøsig said...

I thought we had cold weather, but checking out your blog I see that you are well below us. Will you upload a pic of how you dress for that kind of temperatures? I would be very interested in seeing how you cope - and still maintain your style, I'm sure :-)
Great to hear the positive comments on laser eye surgery. The price is app. 1000 £ (British Pounds) for one eye. Do you know if that matches the price in Canada?